This easy-to-use and comprehensive book provides answers to over 200 CSS questions. Each answer includes a description of the solution, a graphical example, and sample code that has been tested in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
Notes about browser issues and cross-browser solutions are also provided. The invaluable tips and tricks will help you get started fast, and the CSS quick reference will help you use CSS like a pro.
This book covers a wide range of topics, including how to:
- Create hanging indents
- Format bulleted lists (including the space between the bullet and the list content!)
- Format numbered lists (including formatting the numbers)
- Auto-number headings
- Apply special formatting to email and external links
- Add a dotted underline to links
- Create print-specific styles
- Create two- and three-column fixed and fluid layouts
- Create non-scrolling regions