With this easy-to-use and comprehensive guide, you can learn how to organize, write, design, and publish online help, user guides, knowledge bases, policies and procedures, and more using the industry benchmark for single source publishing: MadCap Flare.
Flare expert Scott DeLoach shares detailed information about importing content from RoboHelp, Word, and FrameMaker and provides step-by-step instructions for using all of Flare’s features.
Also included is a quick reference list of keyboard shortcuts and an innovative task index. Each section includes sample test questions and answers so you can review what you’ve learned. If you want to use Flare like a pro, this is your guide.
This guide covers all of the new features in Flare 8, including:
- Right-to-left language support
- FrameMaker import enhancements
- XML Editor and Text Editor split view
- text Editor autocomplete
- Quick character and symbol enhancements
- Equation Editor enhancements
- Word import enhancements
- WebM video format support
- CMYK support
- Page layout left/right pages for empty and first pages
- Page layout frame rotation and stacking
- Condition tag advanced expressions
- EPUB3 support
- MOBI support
- Crop and registration marks in PDF targets
- Contribution templates
- Reports for bookmarks and topics with snippet conditions
- Pulse support
- Analyzer search result limits
- Plug-in API support
To order for $32, visit our publisher at www.lulu.com/clickstart.
“I easily passed my Flare exam using Scott’s power-packed “Little Blue Book”. The MadCap Flare Developer’s Guide is the best Flare book on the market. It goes to the heart of everything about MC Flare. The Developer’s Guide is really the only book you need to start producing quality Flare projects right away. I even carried Scott’s book on vacation, so it was portable, easy-to-read, and targeted to what I needed to deliver my new projects quickly. With a 3 year-old child, it’s hard to get through long books. Brief, informative chapters kept me moving along. I was surprised how much info I picked up within a few short reads and implemented in my Help system. It was instrumental in a large Help conversion project, over 1,000 topics, that I brought over from RoboHelp and styled with no major hiccups. Thanks Scott!”
- Tresha D. Russ, Sr. Technical Writer